Friday, July 6, 2007

Yahoo Down - Users Experiencing Yahoo Problems

While combing through the latest Google Trends, I noticed a few terms related to Yahoo down. A quick visit to Yahoo.com was successful, but there are many that have been complaining in various forums the past few hours.

It seems that some users are experiencing Yahoo problems with services such as Yahoo IM, Flickr, Yahoo news, Upcoming, and the main Yahoo home page. Reported Yahoo problems are ranging from severe lag to 12 hour outages of all services for some users. I haven't tried all of the services, but as I said, the home page is working fine for me.

User reports of Yahoo problems are indicating that servers in the U.S. are having major problems as well as major problems in China servers for over 12 hours. There is no official report from Yahoo regarding the reported problems yet.

Users are speculating about a virus that hit Yahoo and Hotmail mail services earlier, as well as even attempting to throw iPhone problems into the mix. These early responses are only the beginning of many hypotheses that are sure to surface over the next few hours and days.

I'm definitely keeping my eye on this and will try out a few other Yahoo services to see if I encounter any Yahoo problems.

No comments: